Friday, February 29, 2008

But I Say Unto You: Rami's Proverbs

While waiting for a meeting to begin, I picked up a book from the office coffee table and started reading. The book is called "Life's Lessons: Words of Wisdom to Help You Lead a Better Life" by Howard Wight. It was a lovely collection of nauseating cliches. I took some notes and began an edited version of my own. Once I started I could not stop. I now opened another blog called "But I Say Unto You" that features by proverbial wisdom. Please feel free to add your proverbs to my own. Here is a sample of what you can find on the new blog:

1. "When you stop doing, you start dying." When you start dying you at last start living.

2. "There is no right way to do anything." There is only the way other people think is right.

3. "Success is about making a difference." So is failure. Everything makes a difference, so stop worrying.

4. "Doing less often means doing more," but only if you don’t know what doing less means.

5. "Time is money." Unless you try to cash your clock at the bank in which case it isn’t.

6. "If you are going to make a difference in the world, make it now," then you can loaf until you die.

7. "Repetition is the mother of learning." Also of madness. You’re call.

8. "Practice what you preach," unless what you preach is wrong.

9. "The best is yet to come." Of course that is what you said yesterday as well.

10. Expecting success only makes failure all the more painful. Expect reality instead.

No comments: